Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Little Bit About Me

Hey everyone!

Well I have finally started a blog for meal inspirations and meal planning! My goal is not to tie you down to a certain recipe but just to give you a map of how to achieve successful meals. I am a big believer in making whatever you can from scratch, so you will find that in my recipes about 90% of it is homemade; but do not be afraid to get a little help from the store if it keeps you from buying take out. I have to say if I can do it, then you can do it for a couple of reasons.

For one, I was completely self- taught and gained the joy of cooking through watching the marvellous cooks in my family, as well as endless cooking shows. Another reason I am so sure that anybody can whip up simple meals is that I have been off work for nearly two years now because of ongoing chronic abdominal pain and am still not diagnosed. This can be very upsetting and depressing but cooking has always been a source of comfort during this interesting, if not strange, time. Because I cannot work and am in too much pain to do most fun things, I find the kitchen to be my playground. I have also found a LOT of time on my hands where I felt completely useless and this is why I have created this blog and am working on a cook book. I know because of this economy many are out of work, looking for work, or some are moms and dads looking at fast ways to provide a healthy meal for their family.

Therefore I encourage you to follow my blog, as it is my hope to inspire all of you home cooks, to save money, eat healthier and maybe even learn to entertain at home! Most importantly I just want more people to get in the kitchen and cook; it is an excellent form of stress relief and incredibly rewarding. I hope you enjoy my future entries...until then, happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about this blog!! I can't wait to see all you share xo

    ReplyDelete